Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Monday, September 19, 2011

René of the Day // 9.19.11 // Aunt Né Days


We need more of these... But between work and other commitments and my sister's plans, it does make Aunt Né Days with my 7 (almost 8) year old niece, Kylie, less frequent as I'd love for them to be. But we have a great time together. I mean, I'm a goof ball, she's practically as tall as me but I have a bank account and a car "that's Kylie-sized" - what's not for her to love? We plan little adventures like the Cincinnati Children's Museum or a day on "Kids Row" in Oakley - reading books and having lunch at Blue Manatee DeCafé, going crazy with the toys at King Arthurs Court Toy Store and rounding out the day with ice cream in a special silver bowl on a pink stool at Agalamesis Brothers. It's been amazing to watch her grown up from when she was born my senior year of high school. She's so bright, energetic and so damn cute - but hey, what aunt wouldn't say such things about their sibling's offspring? 

Our latest Aunt Né Day included "The Lion King" in 3D - which I hear is only in theaters for 2 weeks! - followed up hanging out at Grandmommy's. I blew bubbles in the yard while she pretended to be a "quarterback" and ran and popped them. Then Grandmommy cooked pulled pork with pineapple BBQ sauce and homemade cole slaw and mashed potatoes with olives and some delicious horseradish cheddar cheese. And later I made ice cream cones to eat in the backyard. I was also able to catch up on some laundry! It was a perfect Aunt Né Day - I'm trying to think about our next, perhaps making them a regularly scheduled date. I'd love to take her for a more grown-up outing like getting a mani/pedi or have her spend the night at the studio with me and her best buddy, Findlay. I'm blessed to have such a little sweetheart as my sidekick.


Check out our sweet 3D shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment