Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Saturday, September 17, 2011

René of the Day // 9.17.11 // PetPeople

Since Hyde Bark has closed on Hyde Park Square, I was excited to see a new pet-themed shop opened recently in walking distance of my apartment. It was a gorgeous day so I took Findlay to PetPeople - a national chain pet shop that has opened in the former Blockbuster space by the Aveda Institute in Hyde Park. The store is very clean, bright and fun. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. They had a great selection of premium dog food, treats and leashes and collars, plus items to meet the needs of cats, bunnies (Rocky, get excited!) and other small animals. Findlay was a good boy and got a little squeaky hedgehog! I'm looking forward to going back - they had a lot of nice toys and treats at really reasonable prices.

We joined their PetPeeps rewards so we'll continue to make visits. I've been thinking about a new leash and collar - he's always had the same orange argyle set that I can't seem to part with. PetPeople also has a "pet wash" - for $15 to use the space to scrub your pooch and they provide the shampoo, towels and clean up. Luckily Fin fits in my tub when he just needs to be cleaned up but not groomed. I think we equally enjoyed our visit and I was pleased to see it was much more reasonable than Hyde Bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment