Constantly fascinated by the world around me. I've got the dreamer's disease... and I believe that a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking & planning my life on Post-It notes. Music, wine, food, art & travel are my favorite fuel; spending time well wasted.
I began writing this blog because I think that every day we have something to be celebrated, shared, something that sparks creativity, inspiration & ideation.
Although I'm quite optimistic, I'm more judgmental than I'd like to admit. Here's to overturning assumptions.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

René of the Day // 8.30.11 // Reds vs. Phillies

As the season winds down, it's just as fun to spend an evening at the ballpark to watch the boys wind up. Even though I've been blocking out my evenings with events and plans through the week, per usual, I took up an offer to go to the game with Sid, Michelle and Beth. We had great seats under the smoke stacks and got to visit with MR's sister and brother-in-law who were also at the game.

It was an adventure riding the bus - public transportation in Cincinnati is much better than it used to be but it's not a highly regarded form of getting from A to B. But how can you beat round trip for less than $5? Parking downtown is at least double that. There's nothing like a tall boy from the UDF store inside the gates, warm summer breeze on the river and line drives and loud cheers. Only thing missing was a Skyline cheese coney - my only regret of the evening. The evening was a great escape from other obligations and I'm really happy Sid made it possible for me to squeeze one more game into the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment